Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thoughts on Frog and Toad


Frog and Toad


I started writing this one in early 2007. It is one of two pieces that I wrote while experimenting with the newest version of Cubase (4, I think). I'd just upgraded and wanted to see how the new plugin synths sounded. I played it for a few friends and then set it aside and forgot about it.

In December of 2012 I found it again and decided to see what would happen if I put words to it. This is the result: first take, improvised words, at 6am. That's my pre-coffee, sleepy gravel voice. I made up the words on the spot though I ended up having to go back and fix up the second verse because I flubbed the lyrics the first time out.

Here's a link to the youtube of it: http://youtu.be/N9U7Jyzjg_o

My friend Greg Walter of (http://www.2tallstudio.com) did the animation in a fit of creative glory. I love it!

All the instruments and voices are by me with the notable exception of the Stunt Guitar Solo by Cleetus Hartwood.

1 comment: