Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Another band mate blog post!



So last summer I totally poached Kate McKnight from her other band, Dogwood. That sounds pretty douchey until you realize that her other band was just her and a ukulele. Thankfully, she still is in that band and does plenty of shows as and when the opportunity presents itself. I've even been one of her side men at a few of them. Woot! She's got an amazing voice and also can throw down on the ukulele.

Here's one of my favorite tracks off our album The Antikythere Mechanism: One of the deals we made last year is that once we have a pause in the business of recording my newest album and doing a few shows on it we'd take the time to record an album of her stuff so that when she eventually takes her act on the road she'd have a CD to share. So throughout the past year I've been hearing her songs get written and we've been talking about how to orchestrate them. It's been an ear-opening experience and I can't wait to see this stuff get out there. She's a natural talent and her songs really impress me.

Those of you who saw us at Clockwork Alchemy and the Steampunk World's Fair have seen her in action. At SPWF we performed one of her songs during our set: Persephone. I love her songs and I think you will to.

For the past few weeks, Kate and I have been demoing out the songs for her upcoming album Persephone is Dead, Long Live Persephone. We've put down vocals, ukulele, some guitar, and some percussion. The next step is to hire our friend Tom to put down some drums and get the rest of the band in order. After that we're going to mix and master and make a bunch of CDs. We plan to have the CD done in time for our show here in Seattle: Steamposium on Sept. 26.

We'll post some of these new demos next week with information about the fundraiser we'll be starting to fund it. Be on the lookout!

1 comment:

  1. I really like Kate's voice so I'll be sure to kick in for the fundraiser :)

    ReplyDelete